The Sales Account Executive generates advertising revenue by calling on established agencies, cold-calling new prospects and convincing potential clients of the merits of television and digital advertising in the DMA covering Waco-Temple-Belton-Killeen-Bryan/College Station. Executes on this strategy, builds and maintains a healthy and growing funnel of potential opportunities.
• Implements strategies to consistently grow revenue and exceed revenue goals.
• Establishes credible relationships with local business community.
• Makes sales calls on existing and prospective clients.
• Maintains assigned accounts and develops new accounts.
• Prepares and delivers sales presentations to clients.
• Explains to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
• Provides clients with information regarding rates for advertising placement in all media.
• Develops advertising schedules with clients and station personnel responsible for placing advertising into station media.
• Works with clients and station personnel to develop advertisements.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Minimum one year's experience in sales, preferably in the media field.
• Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record and dependable transportation.
• Experience achieving long-range objectives and implementing the strategies and actions to achieve them.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
If you are passionate about a career in sales, have negotiation skills and a strong ability to connect with people we invite you to apply online. Resumes, sales experience and relevant sales success stories can be emailed to the Director of Sales- DFowler@kwkt.com. No telephone calls.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz54kn-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.