Nexstar Media Inc. is America's largest local television and media company with 198 full power stations (including partner stations) in 116 markets addressing nearly 62% of US television households and a growing digital media operation. Nexstar's platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices. Learn more at www.nexstar.tv
Are you an effective seller ready to take your career to the next level? KLAS TV, the CBS affiliate in Las Vegas, has an immediate opening for an Account Executive I. The right candidate will receive an active client list and shadow a Senior AE. Your job will be to grow market share and develop new business using CBS Prime, premium sports like the NCAA March Madness Tournament, NFL Football, and top-rated news.
The Sales Account Executive I will have some media sales experience. The ideal candidate will generate new advertising revenue by cold-calling prospects and convincing potential clients of the merits of television and digital media advertising. This is a salaried role the first 90 days then moves to a draw vs commission.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Required to develop new business accounts
• Identify and contact new prospective advertisers
• Execute and achieve sales goals
• Tabulate pending sales to Local Sales Manager
• Re-engage former clients and prospects
• Create and sell unique marketing solutions
• Adhere to rate guidelines unless deviation is authorized by Sales Manager
• Use digital/online and events opportunities to provide 360-degree advertiser solutions
• Maintain visibility at appropriate local functions
• Manage projects internally to provide effective production, promotions, and/or news integration to advertising clients
• Additional duties as necessary
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Minimum of 1 year experience in sales, preferably in the media field.
• Valid driver's license and vehicle with an acceptable driving record.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Sales Account Executive I must be able to sit, reach, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. The Sales Account Executive I must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment or items weighing up to 25 pounds.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disabled
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0608j-3-238-250-73-42 in your application.