Nexstar Media Inc. is America's largest local television and media company with 198 full power stations (including partner stations) in 116 markets addressing nearly 62% of US television households and a growing digital media operation. Nexstar's platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices . Learn more at www.nexstar.tv
Do you thrive on meeting new people? Do you have a passion and drive to be the best? KLAS Channel 8 in Las Vegas has a unique opportunity to join a dynamic team. In this role you will learn and grow your knowledge of both television and digital media sales. You will work within the established Sales Department guidelines to increase sales volume with assigned accounts, while aggressively seeking new customers. You will have support of senior sellers and management to advance your knowledge of research analytics, and overall sales comprehension. This will result in the successful execution of business plans and strategies set forth by Sales Management.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer / Minorities / Women/ Veterans / Disabled
The Account Executive I will train and support senior Account Executives while developing their own knowledge of media sales. Ultimately, they will generate new advertising revenue by cold-calling prospects and convincing potential clients of the merits of television and digital media advertising. This is a salaried role for the first 90 days then moves to a draw vs commission position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Implements strategies to consistently grow revenue and exceed revenue goals.
• Establishes credible relationships with local business community.
• Makes sales calls on existing and prospective clients.
• Maintains assigned accounts and develops new accounts.
• Prepares and delivers sales presentations to clients.
• Explains to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
• Provides clients with information regarding rates for advertising placement in all media.
• Develops advertising schedules with clients and station personnel responsible for placing advertising into station media.
• Works with clients and station personnel to develop advertisements.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Minimum one year's experience in sales, preferably in the media field.
• Valid driver's license and vehicle with an acceptable driving record.
• Proven experience in achieving long-range objectives and implementing the strategies and actions to achieve them.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Sales Account Executive must be able to sit, reach, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. The Sales Account Executive must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment or items weighing up to 25 pounds.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4ywmq-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.