The Sales Account Executive generates advertising revenue by calling on established agencies, cold-calling new prospects and convincing potential clients of the merits of television advertising.
General Responsibilities include:
• Generate local revenue for WHTM by selling problem-solving ideas using all available advertising tools, including commercial spot time, digital marketing solutions, sales packages and sales promotions.
• Prospect and develop new direct advertising clients for WHTM.
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with advertisers and agencies by partnering with the customers, making personal sales calls, providing quality customer service and being pro-active in dispute resolution.
Specific Responsibilities include:
• Effectively develop written and oral proposals and presentations.
• Implements strategies to consistently grow revenue and exceed revenue goals.
• Establishes credible relationships with local business community.
• Makes sales calls on existing and prospective clients.
• Explains to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
• Develop account strategies with sales management.
• Effectively negotiate rates, advertising schedules and make goods.
• Understand and effectively utilize ratings and market research.
• Write and process orders and make goods.
• Manage collections to insure accounts are paid within 90 days.
• Basic understanding of business principles.
• Strong presentation and communication skills.
• Exceptional work ethic, punctual and superior people skills.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Valid driver's license, superior driving record with reliable transportation.
• Minimum one year's experience in sales, preferably in the media field.
• Fluency in English required - Bilingual/Spanish preferred.
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Experience achieving long-range objectives and implementing the strategies and actions to achieve them.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Working knowledge of Social Meeting.
• Familiarization with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Power Point.
• The ability to work independently.
• Strong writing and communication skills through a multitude of platforms.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm1nnm-3-236-232-99-42 in your application.