Nexstar Media Inc. has an immediate opening for an experienced Sales Account Executive for DC News Now a newly formed duopoly in the Washington DC DMA, Market #8. The Account Executive will generate advertising revenue by calling on established agencies, cold-calling new prospects and convincing potential clients of the merits of television advertising.
Washington DC is the center for the nation's politics, but the market offers so much more. The city is home to some of the best museums in the country from the Smithsonian to the National Museum of African American History and Culture to the National Archives. You will find, year-round, theaters with live shows, concerts, streets festivals and more. DC is also a sports mecca with professional basketball, baseball, football, hockey, soccer and more. There's plenty to do outdoors from the National Parks to bike trails. Washington, DC also boasts incredible food with more than 20 restaurants receiving Michelin stars in 2021 alone. It's a great place to live, and a great place to lead a news team!
• Implements strategies to consistently grow revenue and exceed revenue goals.
• Establishes credible relationships with local business community.
• Makes sales calls on existing and prospective clients.
• Maintains assigned accounts and develops new accounts.
• Prepares and delivers sales presentations to clients.
• Explains to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
• Provides clients with information regarding rates for advertising placement in all media.
• Develops advertising schedules with clients and station personnel responsible for placing advertising into station media.
• Works with clients and station personnel to develop advertisements.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Minimum one year's experience in sales, preferably in the media field.
• Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
• Experience achieving long-range objectives and implementing the strategies and actions to achieve them.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, scanners, and other office equipment.
• Ability to work well in a team environment.
Brings a desire to win as well as thriving in a collaborative environment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4q3yq-3-227-251-94-42 in your application.