Master Control Operator
Local legacy NBC / ABC combo just south of Pittsburgh in beautiful Clarksburg, WV. We have been the top station in the market since 1957, and are seeking a SUPERSTAR Multi-media Salesperson. Our amazing work & play community is home to West Virginia University - a member of the Big 12 Conference. We are in close proximity to major metro areas including Pittsburgh, Washington, Baltimore, Cleveland, Charleston and Charlotte.
Join our family that is committed to being part of the fabric of our communities for over 62 years that has made us a LEADER in delivering local content to our viewers.
The Multi-Media Salesperson is responsible for attaining the greatest share of available local advertising dollars for the station group through the sale of commercial television spots, specials and sports as well as all available digital assets to advertising agencies or local advertisers.
• Plans and organizes an individual sales strategy. Monitors and tracks sales plan and assigned strategies.
• Responsible for achieving budget and sales quotas established with management. Evaluates performance results against goals.
• Prepares sales presentations to sell advertising utilizing available in-house ratings research materials and sales tools, knowledge of the agencies and their advertising needs, knowledge of the local marketplace competition and available inventory.
• Makes in-person presentations to agency buyers and planners or local advertisers. Books orders and negotiates spot placement and rates based on the parameters for rate negotiations set by sales management and the advertiser parameters for each advertising campaign.
• Serve agencies/clients as a market expert by providing information on the respective platform and the competition. Serves station management as a market information source by gathering competitive rates, programming and advertiser plans.
• Post orders, verifies accuracy of clients' scheduled dates and times on a monthly basis; verifies client's billing based on quoted audience delivery; handles preemptions/make goods in a timely fashion to client and station satisfaction.
• Analyzes client needs and interests. Establishes and maintains a positive working relationship with assigned/designated agencies and clients through frequent contact in person or electronic communication and promotes the station and sells available inventory. Resolves client's issues or complaints.
• Other duties and tasks as assigned by Local Sales Manager, General Sales Manager or VP/GM.
• Bachelor's Degree, preferably with a focus on advertising, sales and/or marketing, plus minimum of one year in television/radio advertising environment or equivalent related experience.
• Demonstrable knowledge of the local market, rating services, qualitative research and available sales and research tools.
• Strong analytical and technical skills to analyze the market, package, price, negotiate and sell available airtime.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate, negotiate and influence internal and external contacts.
• Ability to analyze the market and effectively advertising through strategic negotiations to meet established financial goals and market share.
• Excellent business development skills, including but not limited to prospecting and cold-calling, lead qualification, handling objections, conceptual selling, client needs analysis, negotiation, closing and client relationship management.
• REVENUE/BUDGETARY/STAFF RESPONSIBILITY
• Responsible for generating revenue. Decisions on the maximization of station revenue through sales of commercial television spots, other platform inventory, specials and sports at the highest attainable rates will have a major impact on the profitability of the station and overall operation of the business. Management determines account executive revenue responsibility based on the market shares, demographics and client base.
• Responsible for a budget.
• Daily contact with sales management regarding rate structure, selling strategies and problem resolution. Daily contact with agencies and clients to sell airtime, handle scheduling changes, make goods and billing problems. Frequent contact with traffic, research and programming regarding sales-related matters.
Occasional meetings with station credit manager regarding client-billing discrepancies and first-time advertisers, and with promotions department regarding special promotional needs.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.