The Sports Anchor produces and anchors sports reports for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
• Produces and presents sports reports for all platforms
• Ensures that all sports content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
• Writes and delivers sports stories in a clear and concise manner
• Assists in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating sports programming and other content
• Responds to breaking sports events and other urgent newsrooms situations as required
• Works closely with the sports team to develop comprehensive sports coverage
• Participates in promotional activities including public appearances
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
• Shoots video for sports reports
• Sets up, composes and executes video shots
• Maintains video equipment
• Edits video clips for television broadcasts and eMedia content
• Writes stories for the website and other eMedia platforms
• Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Comprehensive knowledge of sports and sports related activities
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required
• One to two years experience preferred
• Superior on-air presence
• Experience guiding, directing and motivating others
• Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record
• Flexibility to work any shift
You must apply online to be considered for this position. Please go to: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar to access all career opportunities for WBOY-TV and Nexstar, Inc.
WBOY-TV is an equal opportunity employer.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkyxbp-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.