Dominant CBS/ABC combo serving the Tri-Cities, Tennessee and Virginia communities. We are in central proximity to major metropolitan areas, including Knoxville, Charlotte and Richmond. Our amazing work and play community is rich in history and home to the Birthplace of Country Music, Bristol Motor Speedway, and World Class
Hiking and Fishing.
We are seeking a SUPERSTAR Reporter/MMJ.
Join our family that is committed to being part of the fabric of our communities for more than 65 years that has made us a LEADER in delivering local content to our viewers.
To learn more about our beautiful area click here- Visit Tri-Cities
The Multimedia Journalist Reporter produces, reports, shoots, writes, voices, edits and feeds news production content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
• Reports news stories for broadcast, describing the background and details of events
• Arranges interviews with people who can provide information about stories
• Reviews copy and corrects errors in content, grammar and punctuation, following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines
• Reviews and evaluates notes taken about event aspects to isolate pertinent facts and details
• Determines a story's emphasis, length and format, and organizes material accordingly
• Researches and analyzes background information related to news stories to be able to provide complete and accurate information
• Gathers information about events through research, interviews, experience or attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social or other functions
• Pitches stories to news managers and news producers which are relevant to the local community
• Receives assignments and evaluates leads and tips to develop story ideas
• Discusses issues with producers and/or news managers to establish priorities or positions
• Checks reference materials such as books, news files or public records to obtain relevant facts
• Revises work to meet editorial approval or to fit time requirements
• Shoots and edits news events and news reports
• Produces and presents reports for all platforms
• Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
• Writes stories for the web and other eMedia platforms
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r71n5k-3-238-98-214-42 in your application.