Digital Content Producer
Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
Report on stories in several newscasts to the public. Ability to ad-lib and handle breaking news.
• Accurate reporting of news stories
• Attend editorial meetings and submit story ideas
• Develops community contacts and a network of news sources
• Must be able to ad lib live breaking news by telling a compelling story with a strong ability to interact with anchors in studio
• Works with the photographer in the recording and editing of a story
• Regularly updates newsroom on story elements and progress
• Use various social media platforms to provide updates and news stories to the public
• Timely file stories to all platforms-on-air, online and mobile
• Attend station partnerships in the community
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Must have undergraduate degree or equivalent related experience
• Prefer 3-5 years TV news reporting experience in a medium to large market
• Must interact positively and productively with other employees and in the field
• Strong on-air presentation - must be credible, personable and passionate
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Must be able to accept constructive direction and criticism designed to enhance individual's performance
• Can perform duties and make decisions under extreme pressure
• In line with reporting duties, individual must be flexible with schedule and be willing to work additional hours or days or different shifts as required by news content
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.