Nexstar Media Group, Inc. is America's largest local television and media company with 197 broadcast stations (including partner stations) in 116 markets addressing more than 68% of US television households and a growing digital media operation. Nexstar's platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices. KLAS 8 News Now the CBS affiliate in Las Vegas, Nevada is actively recruiting for a Sales Assistant / Programming & Traffic Coordinator. This is a full time position. Learn more at www.nexstar.tv
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The Sales Assistant / Programming &Traffic Coordinator pulls logs for scheduled programming and advertisements.
• Works with traffic hub and master control to ensure advertiser's traffic instructions, as well as their spots are in place.
• Works with CBS and the traffic hub to ensure programming is correct on the station.
• Manage the scheduling, tracking, and reporting of children's programming on the station.
• Creates and issues computerized program schedule for the station.
• Maintains program logging and other operational procedures.
• Coordinates with other departments to solve logistical problems in coordination of station programming.
• Nielsen and ComScore schedule changes and submissions
• Responsible for creating weekend contingency plans for the station.
• Maintain the station's 13 week, as well as 4-week schedules.
• Communicates with sales assistant on available paid slot times on a weekly basis.
• Performs clerical functions as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills
• Associate degree or equivalent related experience in television broadcasting, preferably in sales, advertising or traffic gained either through work experience or classroom study
• Thrives in a team environment and demonstrates leadership skills
• Highly organized with acute attention to detail and accuracy
• Exceptional time management and prioritizing skills with ability to multi-task
• Action-oriented with strong execution and follow up skills.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Fluency in English.
• MS Office to include Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe, and Outlook.
• Knowledge of OSI, Strata, and comScore a plus!
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
This position requires a cooperative, pleasant attitude, and a willingness to take on additional responsibilities and challenges. May work in a high stress environment with deadline pressures. The employee in this position must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, work near others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities / Women / Veterans /Disabled
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwz3ny-44-200-168-16-42 in your application.