KELOLAND Media Group in Sioux Falls is looking for production assistants to work closely with our KELO TV newscast producers, edit video, transfer digital files, export video and run the teleprompter. They also assist with the coverage of spot news and special events.
Required to work some early morning, evening and weekend hours. 17-20 hours per week.
• Composes and frames camera shots, applying the technical aspects of light, lenses and camera settings to achieve the effects sought by directors
• Adjusts positions and controls of cameras to change focus, exposure and lighting as requested by the director
• Operates studio cameras during live broadcasts
• Operates remote cameras during live broadcasts
• Confers with directors and other crew members to discuss sequences, desired effects, camera movements and lighting requirements
• Sets up cameras and related equipment
• Tests, cleans, maintains and repairs camera equipment
• Produces graphics for newscast
• Creates graphics for the newscast
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Knowledge of current events, good communication skills, attention to detail, able to follow instructions & work well under pressure.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
EOE Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled ~ Background check required. Qualified applicants can apply online at www.nexstar.tv
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g33564-34-231-243-21-42 in your application.