Entry level position responsible for operating studio camera, audio board or graphics computers during live newscasts and taped segments. This position will focus on camera operation with the opportunity for paid training on audio board and graphic computer once proficiency is achieved on camera. The Production Assistant is responsible for various television production duties required to record scenes for live and recorded broadcasts.
• Adjusts positions and controls of cameras to shots as requested by the director
• Operates studio cameras during live broadcasts
• Confers with directors and other crew members to discuss sequences, desired effects, and camera movements
• Sets up cameras and studio equipment
• Tests studio equipment prior to broadcasts
• Performs basic set/studio cleaning
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Reliable transportation
• Ability to take direction
• Television production experience a plus
SALARY: $12.50/hr, non-negotiable
• Regularly scheduled shifts for first position - hiring immediately – Thursday through Sunday (Thurs-Fri 415-645p/915-1145p, Sa-Su 5-7p/ 915-1145p)
• Training period will include additional hours until proficiency is achieved (usually takes 2 weeks)**
• Will occasionally be asked to cover other shifts
Other positions/shifts available (see other job listings to apply for either of these):
• Wednesday-Saturday (Weds-Fri 415-645p/915-1145p and Sat 5-7p/ 915-1145p)
• Monday-Thursday (4:15-6:45 and 9:15-11:45)
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Production Assistant must be able to stand, sit, reach, use electronic mail, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, and make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Production Assistant must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions. Must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 20 pounds.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1ynzv-3-235-60-144-42 in your application.