The Production Assistant is responsible for various television production duties required to record scenes for live and recorded broadcasts.
Floor Direct the shows as assigned:
• instruct the anchors/reporters where their next camera shot will be
• relay all pertinent information from the Director/Producer to the Anchors & vice-versa
• operate ENG camera during the AM LIVING SHOW in order to grab shots that the robotic cameras cannot get
• operate ENG camera on the AM BAND set in order to grab shots that the robotics cannot get
• must be able to communicate efficiently with the Production & News staff.
• follow the Format as designed by the Director. Must be able to wear wireless headsets during the show while walking, talking & giving instructions to the Anchors & Guests.
• must be able to stand for long periods of time.
• must mic the guests on the AM shows
• must demonstrate a professional demeanor at all times with guests, clients & coworkers
Maintain studio lights:
• replace bulbs or fixtures as needed. This may require climbing tall ladders while holding a heavy light fixture. Must be able to lift 20 - 30 lbs. and not be afraid of heights.
• operate an ELEMENT lighting board. Will train, but prior knowledge is a plus!
Maintain the studio microphones:
• Follow the Format and give the anchors/reporters the mics per the Director
• Make sure all mics / IFBs are charged appropriately
Maintain the studio:
• sweep & mop the studio
• dust the set
• clean & wipe down surfaces on the kitchen set including the refrigerator
Requirements & Skills:
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.