This Entry Level Position will be responsible for providing all behind the scenes work during our TV Newscasts.
Hours MAY fluctuate depending on circumstance ie: live events, weather etc
Number hours per week Approx. 15 Hours per week
• Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Perform all aspects of production responsibilities during newscasts (studio cam, audio, CG)
2. Keep studio and control rooms picked up and clean
3. Assist news with scripts
Work Experience and Education:
1. H.S. Diploma or GED
2. Previous production exp. a PLUS – but not necessary. Training provided
Special Skills Required:
1. Computer skills a PLUS
2. Organizational skills
3. Self-motivated and able to work with little to no supervision
5. Reliable means of transportation and communication (ie: phone) REQUIRED
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Production Assistant must be able to stand, sit, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, and make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions or outdoors during remote broadcasts. In addition, the Production Assistant must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions. Must be able to climb 12' ladder. Must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvy6ym-35-172-111-71-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.