Strategic Partner Manager, Gaming
Los Angeles, CA
Nexstar Inc., is looking for a Director Product Marketing who is passionate about the digital media and ad-tech space and its future evolution. You will be responsible for crafting and managing the product strategy, overseeing our GTM process, developing an architecture for messaging and marketing collateral/tools, driving product thought leadership, and being the lead partners to our Sales organization to help reach their business goals. This critical role will be responsible for bringing our brand forward through a quantitative and analytical perspective into product portfolios. You are strategic in nature, and an idea-generator, with a deep passion for building and humanizing products. You will work closely with Marketing peers on messaging, position, and design, and partner with leaders across the organization to both guide and support major initiatives that advance our products and business ambitions. This role reports to the Senior Vice President, Marketing.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, passionate person uniquely capable of both right and left brain thinking. You believe in all thing's customer, and humanized marketing. You bring together a rigorous customer and analytical mindset with a deep appreciation and understanding of building products and partnering with a Sales organization to drive revenue. This person is an owner who guides their team in taking initiative and has the ability to prioritize and iterate along the way, bringing others into your marketing vision. You will bring the unique perspective needed to resolve complex marketing challenges across the organization. You are a very strong communicator with the ability to simplify extreme complexity and technical concepts and bring multiple stakeholders along with clarity and understanding. This person possesses an innate understanding of how to manage and evolve a highly visible product portfolio through deep product knowledge, creativity, data-driven insights and marketing best practices.
• Be the expert of Nexstar products, audience, and surrounding competitive context.
• Drive Product Messaging–Identify target customer segments and relevant personas. Create the strategy for and own product positioning, segmentation, messaging, and our unique selling proposition.
• Create a Product Marketing Roadmap–Work closely with Sales, Product Management, and leaders to identify needs and sharpen product offerings based on feedback from customers, sales, and competitive offerings.
• Drive Go-To-Market Strategy–Create and drive a GTM and product launch strategies by developing clear product positioning and value propositions. Drive launches for new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
• Create Sales Enablement–Communicate value propositions to the sales team and enable them with high-value sales tools, including personas, presentations, solution guides, and content related to the buyer's journey.
• Enable Research and Analytics: Work with Research & Analytics to generate quantitative, qualitative, and competitive insights to influence strategy and inform product marketing roadmaps, product positioning and go-to-market plans to ensure we're building products and features that add the most possible value to the consumer while protecting our community.
• Become the Market & Competitive Intelligence Expert–Continuously monitor the market and assess the competition to gain a deep understanding of technology shifts and market needs. Understand key messages being promoted and discussed; manage and adjust our product messaging accordingly. Monitor competitive news and information keeping up to date on product announcements and product claims. Develop a framework for utilizing this information in the product lifecycle.
• Oversee Collateral Generation–Develop, publish, and share content including white papers, case studies, blog posts, videos, webinars, training, and tutorials.
• Partner with Sales on Customer Engagement–Keep current on customer's product feedback and needs, including customer's buying behavior, challenges, and motivations to help develop additional messages/collateral. Create processes for utilizing external feedback into product lifecycle.
• Team Management: Lead and mentor a high-performing team of product marketers.
• Bachelor's Degree: MBA preferred
• 10+ years of authentic leadership experience in roles in product marketing or product strategy with a focus in digital media tech.
• Ad tech experience is a plus, but not a must-have.
• Management experience in leading a team is a must have.
• Possess a very organized and analytical mindset.
• Impeccable writing and communication skillset, with an ability to simplify complex and difficult technical concepts.
• Technical background is preferred–either from prior product management or engineering experience.
• Proven success in creating, implementing, and managing go-to-market plans, and leading teams in these activities.
• Strong partnership management skillset with product, sales teams, engineering teams, and our customers.
• Ownership style, strong work ethic and true passion for the digital media space.
• A humanistic approach to technology and a strong command of digital media technology that will garner respect of product management and engineering
• Proven success in road mapping and prioritization frameworks, with an ability to deal with ambiguity and pressure.
• Proven experience developing and delivering valuable strategic frameworks and solutions.
• Highly skilled in the development of data-driven insights and application of insights and data to develop strategic recommendations for a brand.
• Hands-on experience rolling out cross-org strategies, change management, and building plans for implementation.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.