ROLE: Daily production of a quality news product as defined by the FOX 5 brand. Guiding and mentoring group of producers in accuracy, excellence in production techniques, writing, story treatment, relevance to the viewing audience, and ability to generate ratings.
• Stack and booth assigned newscast and shape overall coverage
• Lead the producing team by being a point person for editorial and technical questions
• Manage team of anchors, reporters, writers and editors to ensure production of accurate, updated and engaging news content
• Helps implement strategies developed by upper news management team
• Assist reporters to determine story direction, expectations, script accuracy, logistics
• Plan future segments and book day turn newsmakers and content dictates
• Assist Executive Producer and Assistant News Director with special projects
• Train new writers and producers and provide positive feedback
• Maintain strong social media presence and use it to produce and promote content
• May fill in as Executive Producer
• Other duties as needed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's Degree in Journalism or related field is desired.
• Minimum 5 years experience as line producer in working newsroom.
• Must be able to work well under extreme pressure and deadlines
• Must have solid news judgment
• Must show initiative and have ability to act decisively
• Must interact positively and productively with others and take feedback
• Must be a leader in a strong team environment
• Strong organizational skills
• Detail orientated
• Must be flexible with schedule, willing to work weekends, holidays and fill-in different shifts as needed
• May produce additional cut-ins, special reports or breaking news as needed
• Compensation - $31.25-$33.65/hr commensurate with experience and skill level
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy9qn3-3-239-6-58-42 in your application.