The News Producer produces daily newscast items, decides the order in which stories will be told, writes teases and other content, times news programs, edits video, and posts video to the website. FOX44 is looking for a Producer who go beyond simply stacking a show with the same boring elements. who can pitch a great story and craft an amazing newscast. We want someone who knows how to showcase the big story and is always looking for new ways to get information across to the audience in a clear and concise manner.
• Produces newscasts for broadcast across all platforms
• Writes and orders news stories
• Strong news writing skills with an emphasis on relevance and accuracy
• Maintain knowledge of current events, online trends, and social media
• Approves scripts
• Balances news and feature content to create compelling broadcasts
• Edits video
• Writes stories for the website and other eMedia platforms
• Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications or a related field, Minimum two years' experience in news operations or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Priority will be given to candidates with producing and web experience.
• Fluency in English, e xcellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment, should be familiar with ENPS, Adobe Photoshop and BitCentral, and editing software along with Microsoft Word.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Flexibility to work any shift
• Good driving record and pass background check
Please send resume, references, salary requirements, and DVDs or links to: Dean Wetherbee, News Director, KWKT-TV, 8803 Woodway Dr., Woodway, TX, 76712, firstname.lastname@example.org. Apply online at nexstar.tv/careers. No phone calls please. Equal Opportunity Employer
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnkq4k-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.