The Executive Producer supervises news content across all media platforms and line produces at least one hour of a live newscast.
• FOX31 Morning News in Denver, Colorado is looking for its next morning executive producer. This is a big job, and it comes with a lot of resources and a talented team of journalists on-air and behind-the-scenes to help you win.
You will be overseeing 6.5 hours of morning news a day on FOX31. That's 32.5 hours a week!
We are looking for a proven newsroom leader who embodies an audience-first approach to delivering news. This individual will excel under tight deadlines and bring bold, creative ideas to our newsroom.
You should think big picture, have a strategy to continue our morning dominance, and lead the charge to win weather and breaking news every day.
You are a leader who creates a positive work culture and makes the time to coach, train, and help your team grow.
As a bonus, you get to live in one of the most vibrant cities in the United States, Denver, Colorado, the gateway to the Rocky Mountains.
• Overall responsibility for 6.5 hours of morning newscasts, including oversight on story selection, content, and production. Assist other managers in coordinating coverage for other weekday newscasts.
• Work with a strong team to create innovative news content across all platforms in an audience-first environment; be able to think differently and critically
• Lead a team that produces an urgent newscast in a fast-paced work environment
• Coach and train a strong team of producers; create a positive work culture
• Collaborate with Editors, Producers and the Assignment Desk to select stories for coverage
• Strong news judgement and working knowledge of current events and community issues impacting viewers here in Colorado and around the world
• You should be able to step-in and produce on a very limited basis
• Bachelor's degree preferred; equivalent experience required
• 5 years of news producing experience
• 2+ years of supervisory experience REQUIRED.
• Demonstrated ability to track and select trending news stories
• Working knowledge of how to engage viewers on Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
• Salary Range $80K-90K based on knowledge, skills and experience. Other benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, Paid Parental Leave, vacation.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0p85e-44-213-63-130-42 in your application.