The Assignment & Web Producer will produce and distribute content elements across several media platforms.
• Produce, organize, write, and edit content for newscast
• Collaborate with news producers and managers to conceptualize, produce and present content on multiple media platforms
• Regularly confer with other team members to pick strongest editorial piece produced daily and optimize those articles for the web sites
• Own the editorial and creative development and coverage of assigned stories across multiple platforms, including but not limited to broadcast, digital and web
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Communications/Journalism or related degree required
• One year minimum experience in newsgathering and/or production
• Experience writing, producing and editing on a desktop editing system
• Knowledge and understanding of various media platforms
• Basic understanding and demonstration of multi-media file formats and strong computer skills
• Understand the importance of social media
You must apply online to be considered for this position. Please go to: https://nexstar.tv to access all career opportunities for WBOY-TV and Nexstar, Inc.
WBOY-TV is an equal opportunity employer.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnk6po-18-234-244-170-42 in your application.