• Shoots video for news casts
• Confers with other personnel to discuss assignments, logistics and shot requirements
• Sets up, composes and executes video shots
• Maintains video equipment
• Edits video clips for television broadcasts and eMedia content
• Operates camera in remote situations
• Partners with reporters to develop creative, visually appealing & impactful stories
• Works efficiently and effectively under extremely tight deadlines on a daily basis
• Good judgment skills are a must.
• Comprehensive understanding of ethical and legal issues concerning daily newsgathering. Must routinely use appropriate journalistic standards and guidelines.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• High school diploma
• Fluency in English
• Must possess a valid driver's license and a clean driving record.
• Candidates will be accountable for assigned equipment, including news vehicles, cameras, lights, laptop, writing trouble reports when necessary.
• Applicants must be flexible schedule with ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Proficiency with video recording equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Flexibility to work any shift
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
Must be able to stand, sit, reach, climb, work in close proximity to others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions or outdoors during remote broadcasts. In addition, the Photographer/Editor must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions. Must be able to climb 12' ladder. Must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rooeb1-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.