WGN-TV is looking for a per diem reporter with the right combination of news judgment and experience, who is willing and available to work all days and shifts-including overnights, weekends and holidays.
The right candidate must have the ability to handle stories on all topics, especially breaking news; generate story ideas; display an on-air presence that is friendly and authoritative; and have a high-level of engagement on all social media platforms.
Experience from a top 20 market is preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Produce content for multiple platforms, including TV, internet, mobile, etc.
• Work with management to enterprise and develop stories
• Demonstrate compelling storytelling using dynamic live shots and stand-ups, creative graphics, and use of digital and social media platforms
• Build network of sources who supply information that allows the Company to stay ahead of its competitors
Requirements & Skills
• Bachelor's degree in Communication/Journalism or related degree required (equivalent years of experience may substitute for education)
• Five (5) years television reporting experience required
• Solid vocal delivery and camera presence
• Understand importance of social media
• Must be willing and available to work all shifts on weekdays and weekends
• Required to join AFTRA
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkzybq-44-200-74-241-42 in your application.