Executive Producer - News
New York, NY
The Technical Director coordinates the efforts of all technical operators during newscasts and other live and recorded productions.
• Coordinates the efforts of all technical operators during newscasts and other live and recorded productions
• Candidate will be responsible for operating overdrive systems to produce live news broadcasts and pre-produced content.
• Create all necessary show templates, custom controls, Dashboard elements and code show rundowns in the Newsroom control system.
• Must be very familiar with an automated Newsroom. Familiarity with graphics systems, Vinten Robotics and Wheatstone Audio Console is required.
• Works with others engaged in technical control and production of programs
• Observes pictures through monitors and directs camera/video staff concerning composition
• Acts as a liaison between news, engineering and production departments
• Works with the news producers to deliver a clean and high energy newscasts
• Trains camera and CG operators on the proper operation during live broadcasts
• Switches video sources and given direction at the same time during live broadcasts
• Tests equipment to ensure proper operation
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• High school diploma
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Minimum two years' experience in news operations and production (Depending on market size)
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Proficiency with broadcast control equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.