Non-Linear Editor / Hoosier Lottery Producer
The Non-Linear Editor/Hoosier Lottery Producer is responsible for gathering and editing compelling news stories through visual story telling. In addition, there is responsibility for producing lottery drawings. The duties for this role require being very flexible and must be able to work nights, weekends, holidays, and flexible hours.
Must be able to work promptly, under deadline pressure, be flexible and ready to learn new things in a cohesive team environment. Candidates must have excellent keyboard and verbal skills along with a great attitude. Must be able to work nights, weekends, holidays and flexible hours.
Non-Linear Editing Responsibilities:
• Ingest, transfer and compiles various media into Adobe Premier editing software.
• Compose compelling, informative and accurate news stories from video and audio resources.
• Ability to multitask in a time sensitive and rapid, fast-paced newsroom environment.
• Works with producers, photographers and managers to ensure broadcast quality and journalistic standards are met.
• Performs other duties as assigned by Lead Editor or News Operations Manager.
Hoosier Lottery Producing Responsibilities:
• Coordinate nightly Hoosier Lottery live drawings.
• Work with control room, Lottery security and Lottery hosts to air clean drawings every night.
• Distribute drawings to affiliates across Indiana and the internet.
• Performs other duties as assigned by News Operations Manager.
Requirements & Skills
• Bachelor's degree preferred; equivalent experience required.
• 1-year non-linear editing experience.
• Adobe Premier experience preferred
• Computer Skills: PC, Mac and knowledge of ENPS & Bitcentral.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work flexible schedule – nights, weekends, holidays.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.