Looking to work at a #1 tv station dedicated to news? How about an award-winning newsroom? Or one that values the people who work there? FOX8 WGHP-TV checks all those boxes and now we have an opening for a nightside Executive Producer. This person will run the 2:30 meeting, help craft memorable night newscasts and develop young producer talent. We're looking for someone who is up for the challenge and who has the desire to be the next great newsroom leader.
• Scheduling producers
• Responsible for evaluating stories; organizing them into a cohesive sequence within a newscast or digital content for the web
• Define strategic direction for content coverage to meet business and financial objectives
• Manage newsroom during evening hours, contribute to the editorial process and make solid decisions in breaking news situations
• Execute strategies that engage and grow audiences across all media devices
• May be called upon to produce newscasts if necessary
• Be part of weekend manager on-call rotation
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications
• At least 5 years' experience in television news
• Must be able to interact well with video journalists, anchors, videographers, news managers, production and engineering staff
• Detail oriented
• Excellent verbal, written, and analytical skills
• Strong news judgment, journalistic integrity and understanding of viewer needs and expectations
Nexstar Media Group is America's largest local television and media company with 197 full power stations (including partner stations) in 115 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation. Nexstar's platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices. Learn more at www.Nexstar.tv.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz6b23-44-192-94-86-42 in your application.