Nexstar Media Group is America's largest local television and media company with 200 full power stations (including partner stations) in 116 markets addressing US television households and a growing digital media operation. Nexstar's platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices. Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the parent company of Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. & Nexstar Digital LLC. Learn more at www.nexstar.tv
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
WKRG-TV News 5 / wkrg.com in Mobile, AL is looking for a full time Newscast Producer. Our team is generous & friendly and our newsroom is a great place to learn, grow, and launch your career upward. The ideal candidate will craft energetic and dynamic television newscasts on-air and streaming news shows on our website and social channels. Strong candidates are confident writers who understand the use of video, sound, and graphic elements to build engaging newscasts. The candidate will also be involved with the crafting of digital and social media content to inform and engage viewers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Write accurate, compelling news copy in AP style
• Use informed news judgment, showcasing techniques, and news research to build newscasts which serve the needs of our local viewers
• Ability to quickly adjust newscasts to accommodate breaking news and severe weather coverage
• Ability to edit video (familiarity with Adobe Premiere Pro is a plus)
• Coordinate with the digital team to contribute content to other platforms
Experience, Skills, Education
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong awareness of news and current events
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and make sound editorial decisions in real time
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Media, Creative Writing, English, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Able to work any shift
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The Newscast Producer must be able to stand, sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Newscast Producer must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Apply online at www.nexstar.tv/careers
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4z1kz-3-238-98-39-42 in your application.