The Technical Director coordinates the efforts of all technical operators during newscasts and other live and recorded productions.
• Supervises, coordinates, and assigns duties to production technicians in the control room and on the studio floor during live news casts and pre-recorded programs
• Observes shots through monitors and directs camera/video staff concerning composition
• Acts as a liaison between engineering and production departments
• Works along with the news producers to deliver a clean and high energy newscast
• Assist in the training of associate directors, floor directors, camera operators and prompter operators with the proper operation during live broadcasts
• Switches video sources and gives direction at the same time during live broadcasts
• Tests and checks out all equipment in control room and on studio floor prior to air to ensure its proper operation
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• High school diploma
• Fluency in English
• Bilingual (Spanish/English) helpful
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Minimum two years' experience in news operations and production. (Depending on market size)
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Proficiency with broadcast control equipment and software.
• Must have demonstrated expertise working and building on the Grass Valley Ignite v11 automation system and Ignite Katalyst. K-frame Switcher, Wheatstone Audio Board, AP ENPS, Element ETC Lighting board and Edius Editing System.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy756p-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.