Full Time Job
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Job DescriptionThe Newscast Director coordinates the efforts of all technical operators during newscasts and other live and recorded productions.
• Coordinates the efforts of all technical operators during newscasts and other live and recorded productions
• Supervises and assigns duties to workers engaged in technical control and production of programs
• Observes pictures through monitors and directs camera/video staff concerning composition
• Acts as a liaison between engineering and production departments
• Works with the news producers to deliver a clean and high energy newscast
• Switches video sources and given direction at the same time during live broadcasts
• Tests equipment to ensure proper operation
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• High School diploma
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Minimum two years' experience in news operations and production.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Proficiency with broadcast control equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro5j51-35-172-224-102-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.