WGN-TV is looking for a Per Diem Writer who can work quickly and accurately under deadline pressure. Candidate must be available to work all shifts and hours, including overnights and weekends.
• Writing stories and teases for broadcast and website
• Editing video and filing to shows
• Communicating with reporters and photographers in the field
• Ordering and filing graphics when necessary
• Might also be asked to serve as a Newscast Producer on a fill-in basis
• Three (3) years of experience as a writer or producer of television news broadcasts
• College degree in Journalism or Mass Communications, or related experience
• Must have strong writing skills and news judgment
• Must be able to work well under deadline pressure
• Must be able to work flexible hours
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0nmoe-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.