WGN-TV is looking for a full-time writer for our newscasts.
• Write stories and edit video for broadcast
• Manage live shots and work with reporters and photographers to file content into show rundowns
• Order and file graphics including lower thirds and fullscreens
• Assist producers in other areas as needed
• Must be willing to work weekends
• May be asked to line produce on a fill-in basis
• Three (3) years of experience as a writer or producer of television news broadcasts
• College degree in Journalism or Mass Communications, or related experience
• Must have strong writing skills and news judgment
• Must be able to work well under deadline pressure
• Required to join the IBEW union
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro9733-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.