The News Producer produces daily newscast items, decides the order in which stories will be told, writes teases and other content, and time news programs.
• Produce Newscasts for Broadcast Across all Platforms.
• Balance News Content to Create Compelling Broadcasts.
• Write and Edit Content for News.
• Communicate and Work Closely with Reporters, Photographers, Editors and Production Department.
• Coordinate and Execute Live shots with Production and Operations.
• Create Graphics and Insert into News Content and Studio Monitors.
• Pitch Story Ideas and Take Part in Decisions for Newscasts.
• Perform Other Duties as Assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
• Organizational skills with ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Flexibility to work any shift, including nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays.
• Fluency in English.
• Proficiency with computers and other office equipment.