Are you a show creator and not a stacker? Do you wish you could truly develop a story, and not just stack a show? We're looking for a highly creative, empowered, and enthusiastic producer who knows how to be a leader and is willing to learn how to create a dynamic show with a multi-faceted set. KSN is looking for a show producer who loves writing, and thrives on creative, collaborative work.
JOB SUMMARY: The producer delivers and contributes accurate, visual, news content across all media platforms.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
* Responsible for evaluating stories; organizing them into a cohesive sequence within a newscast or digital content for the web.
* Oversees writing, production, and timing of broadcast or on-line publication.
* Define strategic direction for content coverage to meet business objectives.
* Manage news room, contribute to the editorial process and make solid decisions in breaking news situations.
* Monitor post-production processes to ensure accurate completion of details.
* Execute strategies that engage and grow audiences across all digital devices.
* Write, produce and edit material that appeals to target audiences.
* Research production topics using the internet, video archives, and other information sources.
*Must be able to interact well with video journalists, anchors, videographers, news managers, production and engineering staff.
*Excellent verbal, written, grammar and analytical skills.
*Fluency in English, bilingual Spanish a plus
*Strong news judgment, journalistic integrity and understanding of viewer needs and expectations.
*Knowledge of media production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods, including alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
*Ability to meet quality standards for service & evaluate customer satisfaction.
*Proficient in non-linear editing.
Education/Experience: Bachelors Degree in Journalism, Communications, TV/film or equivalent experience may substitute + 5 years experience in television or radio broadcast/production.
Training/Equipment: Utilize state-of-the-art television technology; MS Outlook, E-mail.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements: High stress environment with deadline pressures. Some travel may be required on an occasional basis. The News Producer must be able to stand, sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the News Producer must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.