Nexstar Media Inc. is America's largest local television and media company with 198 full power stations (including partner stations) in 116 markets addressing nearly 62% of US television households and a growing digital media operation. Nexstar's platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices. Learn more at www.nexstar.tv
KLAS-TV, the CBS affiliate in Las Vegas, Nevada is looking for an experienced Newscast Producer to take our newscasts to the next level. The successful candidate must have prior newscast producing experience, know how to put together creative and dynamic newscasts in a collaborative environment, possess outstanding news judgment, must know how to handle breaking news, and utilize all live elements. The candidate must also deliver and contribute accurate, visual, news content across all platforms under deadline in a fast-paced newsroom.
The News Producer produces daily newscast items, decides the order in which stories will be told, writes teases and other content, times news programs, edits video, and posts video to the website.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for evaluating stories; organizing them into a cohesive sequence within a newscast or digital content for the web.
• Oversees writing, production, and timing of broadcast.
• Define strategic direction for content in collaboration with other team members.
• Contribute daily to the editorial process with story ideas and make solid decisions in breaking news situations.
• Monitor post-production processes to ensure accurate completion of details.
• Execute strategies that engage and grow audiences across all digital devices.
• Write, produce and edit material that appeals to target audiences.
• Research production topics using the internet, video archives, and other information sources.
• Excellent verbal, written, grammar and analytical skills.
• INews experience a plus, but not required
• Strong news judgment, journalistic integrity and understanding of viewer needs and expectations.
• Ability to meet quality standards for service & evaluate customer satisfaction.
• Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and at least two years work-related experience preferred.
• Required to post digital/social media content.
• Utilize state-of-the-art broadcast and digital technology.
• Two years line producing experience is preferred.
Work Environment: High stress environment with deadline pressures. Must be willing and able to work any and all shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays and be on call as needed.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Newscast Producer must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Newscast Producer must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer / Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disabled.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxnz41-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.