High Point, NC
Nexstar Media Group is America's largest local television and media company with 197 full power stations (including partner stations) in 115 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation. Nexstar's platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices. Learn more at www.Nexstar.tv.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Do you want to produce a newscast that's smart and relevant? WGHP/FOX 8 is looking for a dynamic producer to join our team. This producer will be responsible for creating a memorable one-hour 6pm newscast.
Our slogan is ''Start Local, Stay Local'' and we're looking for a someone who not only crafts a newscast emphasizing local news but one that is impactful. We have all the tools to make your shows memorable.
You will write the bulk of newscast, participate in story meetings, and have a chance to produce news specials.
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• The successful candidate must be assertive, have strong organizational skills, be creative, competitive, patient, and a strong team player.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Must communicate effectively in the booth during a show and work one-on-one with talent in structuring the show.
• Must be able to effectively judge multiple live shots, satellite shots with anchors, and have a clean show
• Minimum two years' experience producing news
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Flexibility to work any shift
Send a reel, resume, and cover letter to Kevin Daniels, News Director
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.