2 NEWS is searching for a dynamic News Producer who can craft a compelling, engaging newscast that is urgent and relevent to our viewers. Our newsroom is a collaborative, creative space where you can grow your skills and produce quality, impactful content that improve our community.
• Find and evaluate daily news content and organizing it into a cohesive newscast.
• Craft a rundown using strong editorial and creative judgement.
• Effectively and efficiently manage time and workflow.
• Use skills to win weather and breaking/developing stories.
• Write and copy edit scripts.
• Request and create graphics.
• Work with news team on story selection and overall focus of content.
• Contribute to the daily editorial process.
• Execute strategies that engage and grow audiences across all platforms.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Prior productin experience preferred.
• Strong news judgement and journalistic integrity.
• Able to excel under tight deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with colleagues.
• Detail oriented.
• Ability to see big-picture and execute broad startegic and brand initiatives.
• Ability to learn, master, and utliize newsroom technology.
• Flexibility to work any shift.
• Must have a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d52ev7-44-200-30-73-42 in your application.