The News Producer organizes daily newscast, takes editorial direction from host and EP, contributes to editorial and creative focus of the show, builds the rundowns, assigns stories, writes teases, copy edits scripts, and oversees production of the show.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Build rundown with strong editorial and creative judgement.
• Manage staff workload
• Write and copy edit scripts
• Work with EP and host on story selection, guest selection, and overall focus of the show.
• Times the show in the control room and responds to breaking news quickly and calmly
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• 3-5 years experience producing for a national news program.
• Strong news judgement
• Quick decision maker and creative thinker
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Ability to adapt to change, meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Proficiency with ENPS
• Flexibility to work any shift
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6zv5q-34-228-52-223-42 in your application.