Nexstar Media Inc. has an immediate opening for an experienced News Photographer who is a creative shooter and thrives on the daily hustle of breaking news. This role is part of a newly formed duopoly in the Washington, DC Market #9 DMA. The Photographer will work with reporters and newsroom staffers to gather the video and sound that will make up the day's news.
The Photographer will work collaboratively with reporters to bring news stories to life with creative shooting and editing skills. The Photographer will also be responsible for operating equipment that allows for live shots and coverage of major news events.
This is a chance to live and work in great part of the country. In addition to being the center of the nation's politics – and a region brimming with local news and sports – it's a great place to call home. The city is home to some of the best museums in the country, including the Smithsonian, the National Museum of African American History and Culture and the National Archives. There are year-round theaters with live shows and concerts. You can find street festivals and farmer's markets. And for the sports enthusiast, the region hosts professional basketball, baseball, football, hockey and soccer teams. The area has National Parks, walking and biking trails. Plus, the restaurant scene is top-notch with more than 20 restaurants receiving Michelin starts in 2021 alone. This is a great place to grow your career, compete in a large market and a great place to live.
• The News Photographer operates television or video cameras to record images or scenes for news reports.
• Shoots video for news reports
• Confers with other personnel to discuss assignments, logistics and shot requirements
• Sets up, composes and executes video shots
• Maintains video equipment
• Edits video clips for television broadcasts and eMedia content
• Operates live microwave and satellite trucks in remote situations
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• High school diploma
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Minimum two years' experience operating video recording equipment (More for larger markets and less for smaller markets)
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Proficiency with video recording equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Flexibility to work any shift
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9xk7k-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.