The primary responsibility of the news photographer is to shoot and edit video under extreme deadline pressure.
• Ensures sound and picture quality of all video shot
• Works alone, with a reporter or field producer to edit for broadcast
• Drives and operates SNG/ENG Microwave Van
• Operates LiveU Bonder and FTP client software
• Maintains inventory of all assigned equipment and be responsible for its up-keep
• Examines and manages routine maintenance of any assigned vehicles
• Edit newscasts as required
• Obtain FAA-107 license in 90 days to legally operate sUAS
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflections of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other, or different, tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
Requirements & Skills
• Ability to shoot and edit video in all kinds of settings and under extreme deadline pressure
• Ability to drive and operated SNG/ENG Microwave Van
• Operate assigned photography equipment
• Operate non-linear editing applications and use computers
• Knowledge of how assigned photography gear works to perform minor repairs and troubleshoot in-field, if necessary
• Oversee assigned news car maintenance (oil changes, cleanliness, etc.)
• Ability to operate linear and non-linear videotape editing
• Ability to type
• Ability to handle telephones and other communication equipment
• Must possess a valid state driver's license (or be able to get one) and maintain a clean driving record
• Dexterity to operate camera, VTR, etc.
• Good vision to shoot and edit video
• Ability to lift 100 lbs. or more, as needed, of equipment consisting of a camera, light kit, tripod, batteries, etc.
• Ability to get into nooks, crannies, and high places to shoot video
• Work in all kinds of weather conditions
• Ability to accommodate travel assignments out of the market as required
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk1qw4-18-208-187-128-42 in your application.