Little Rock, AR
The News Photographer operates video cameras to record images or scenes for television and digital news reports.
• Shoots and edits creative video for television broadcasts and digital content
• Confers with other personnel to discuss assignments, logistics and shot requirements
• Sets up, composes and executes creative interviews
• Maintains video equipment
• Operates live microwave trucks, SAT, and TVU backpacks in remote situations
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• High school diploma
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Minimum of two years of experience operating video recording equipment
• Good knowledge of mobile journalism gear and apps
• Candidate must be engaged in social media and have a strong presence
• Proficiency with video recording equipment
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, and other office equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Flexibility to work any shift
• Fluency in English
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The News Photographer must be able to stand, sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the News Photographer must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Apply online at www.nexstar.tv.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.