The News Photographer operates television or video cameras to record images or scenes for news reports.
• Shoots video for news reports
• Confers with other personnel to discuss assignments, logistics, and shot requirements
• Sets up, composes, and executes video shots
• Maintains video equipment
• Edits video clips for television broadcasts and eMedia content
• Operates live microwave and satellite trucks in remote situations
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• High school diploma
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Minimum two years' experience operating video recording equipment (More for larger markets and less for smaller markets)
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines, and other office equipment
• Proficiency with video recording equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Flexibility to work any shift
• Experience editing with Adobe Premiere is preferred but not required
This position is for our Lancaster, PA News Bureau and will be primarily responsible for shooting and editing with a reporter.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0exmj-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.