The News Editor/Photographer operates video editing equipment to produce images or scenes for newscasts and other programming.
• Organizes and strings together raw footage into a continuous whole according to scripts or instructions for newscasts and other programming
• Reviews assembled footage on screens or monitors to determine whether corrections are necessary
• Trims recorded segments to specified lengths and reassembles segments into sequences that present stories with maximum effect
• Determines the specific audio and visual effects necessary to complete spots
• Sets up and operates computer editing and distribution systems, including Adobe Premiere, BitCentral, ENPS and AfterEffects units to produce a final product
• Selects and combines the most effective shots of each scene to form a logical and smoothly running story
• Confers with other personnel to discuss assignments, work product and desired effects.
• Maintains editing equipment
• Will be assigned to shoot video of events for stories and news coverage, independently or with an assigned reporter.
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• High school diploma
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Minimum two years' experience operating videography and video editing equipment
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Proficiency with video editing equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• May be required to work early mornings or weekends.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d92jzk-3-229-124-74-42 in your application.