MMJ / Bureau Reporter
The News Anchor Reporter serves as the primary presenter of news stories and other content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
WLNS-TV, the CBS affiliate in Lansing, is looking for someone to anchor our weekend morning shows and report three days a week.
That's why this is not just a desk job. We're also looking for someone who is just as comfortable in the field as they are on the desk.
The ideal candidate will have excellent critical thinking and news judgment, be a talented writer, and knows how to work well with others.
This is an excellent position for an existing reporter who wants to get their foot in the anchoring door.
We are an award-winning station dedicated to high quality local news. We're a state capital, we're home to Michigan State University, and we've got two GM plants here – so we're an excellent news town with lots of sports, arts, culture, and a good quality of life.
• Produce content for multiple platforms, including TV, internet, mobile, etc.
• Work with management to enterprise and develop stories daily
• Demonstrate compelling storytelling using dynamic live shots and stand-ups, creative graphics, and use of digital and social media platforms
• Organize material, determine angle or emphasis, and write story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards
• Gather and verify information regarding stories through interview, observation and research.
• Build network of sources who supply information that allows the Company to stay ahead of its competitors
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Communication/Journalism or related degree required (equivalent years of experience may substitute for education
• Television anchoring or reporting experience required
• Solid vocal delivery, camera presence, and clear enunciation
• Strong reporting skills
• Understand importance of social media
• Excellent reading, writing, spelling, grammar and organizational skills
• Promotes teamwork and maintains attitude of cooperation with all station personnel
• Operate newsroom computer systems
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.