CBS/ABC combo serving the Tri-Cities, Tennessee and Virginia communities. We are in central proximity to major metropolitan areas, including Knoxville, Charlotte and Richmond. Our amazing work and play community is rich in history and home to the Birthplace
of Country Music, Bristol Motor Speedway, and World Class Hiking and Fishing.
We are seeking a SUPERSTAR Morning News Anchor .
Join our family that is committed to being part of the fabric of our communities for 70 years that has made us a LEADER in delivering local content to our viewers.
To learn more about our beautiful area click here- Visit Tri-Cities
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The ideal Morning News Anchor candidate will be an excellent communicator with a superb on-air presence. This person is energetic and can deliver everything from breaking news to features and interview live guests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Presents news stories and other content for all platforms.
• Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Writes and delivers news stories in a clear and concise manner.
• Assists in writing, copy editing, researching, and coordinating news programming and other content.
• Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
• Participates in promotional activities which include public appearances.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Writes content for the website and other platforms
• Work with management to enterprise, develop and report stories
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
• Other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Communication/Journalism or related degree required (equivalent years of experience may substitute for education
• (2) years television anchoring or reporting experience required
• Solid vocal delivery, camera presence, and clear enunciation
• Strong reporting skills
• Excellent news judgment with an expansive knowledge of local and national current events, history, newsmakers, etc.
• Understand importance of social media
• Excellent reading, writing, spelling, grammar and organizational skills
• Promotes teamwork and maintains attitude of cooperation with all station personnel
• Operate newsroom computer systems
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3woxn-3-238-180-174-42 in your application.