The News Anchor serves as the primary presenter of news stories and other content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
• • Presents news stories and other content for all platforms.
• Assists in ensuring news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Writes and delivers news stories in a clear and concise manner.
• Assists in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating news content.
• Acts as a field reporter /anchor as assigned.
• Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
• Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Writes content for the website and other digital platforms.
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
Requirements & Skills:
• • Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, Communications,
or a related field .
• Fluency in English. Bilingual is preferred.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
• Minimum six years' experience in fulltime anchoring position required; in top 40 market is preferred.
• Superior on-air presence.
• Excellent news judgment with an expansive knowledge of local and national current events, history, newsmakers and issues.
• Proficiency with computers and newsroom software.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution.
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
• Flexibility to work any shift as needed .
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb777o-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.