Sales Account Executive
New Haven, CT
• The National Sales Manager: is responsible for managing and growing a substantial list of key station accounts (Hartford/New Haven). Candidate must be a tough negotiator, possess a deep understanding of Nielsen and comScore ratings and have a proven track record of successfully negotiating agency business
• Excellent presentation and organizational skills a must.
• • Develop, maintain, manage and grow the established client base. Maintain and establish client partnerships on a local and national level
• Monitor market changes and work closely with the national rep firm on forecasting, negotiations and planning. Coach and inspire our team of national reps to grow share.
• Accurately forecast national broadcast revenue.
• Lead our national rep firm sales team with clear direction on our expectations and strategies.
• Consistent sales call/presentations to Key National automotive accounts on a Local level
• Develop a thorough knowledge of station's product and services. Including, full understanding of all digital products, digital suite of products and responsible for achieving a budget for digital services
• Contribute to developing New local direct business
• Responsible for tier 3 development of NLD, make inroads with network of tier 2 dealer group contacts an OEM contacts
• Have a working knowledge of political guidelines and the ability to manage a large volume of political advertising encompassing Federal and Local Candidates and issue advertising.
• Strengthen existing national accounts.
• Develop and implement effective national market sales and marketing strategies that maximize sales opportunities.
• Build and maintain effective relationships at agency and local level to maximize national opportunities.
• Deliver effective presentations including proposals to customer and business reviews to management.
• Identify, respond and solve business issues for clients and provide win-win solution partnership that add value.
• Achieve or exceed the national revenue budget for Both Core TV and Digital
NOTE: This job description contains basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
********* EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *********
WTNH is an equal opportunity employer that seeks diversity in our workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
News 8 WTNH/WCTX values the contribution of all of its employees. We recognize their efforts by offering a competitive compensation plan and an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(K), and more. We are committed to a drug and alcohol-free workplace. Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a background and DMV check
To be considered for this position you must apply online via the Nexstar Media Group Career Portal: Please remember to attach your cover letter, resume and a link to your demo reel (if applicable).
Nexstar Careers - First Time users must create an Account
www.wtnh.com ABOUT US > JOBS > Search New Haven, CT
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.