Nexstar's central content team is looking for a dynamic video editor to serve online audiences nationwide. The National Digital Video Producer for Nexstar Media collaborates with dozens of newsrooms to create unique coverage and build our audiences.
The ideal candidate must be able to creatively tell stories that enhance the website user experience and add context to key coverage topics through the video format. This individual must thrive in a fast-paced environment with aggressive goals. They must also feel comfortable working over various platforms and systems to publish their work across 143 sites throughout the country.
This position will be based inside a Nexstar newsroom.
• Routinely spot video coverage opportunities and produce a minimum of 20 short video pieces per week that augment written coverage and provide supplemental context and information to our readers.
• Maintain a database of available and reusable video pieces for publication across our array of national sites and platforms.
• Model best practices for video style, format, tone, and the use of sensitive material while serving as an expert for our production software.
• Collaborate with writers and newsroom staff across the country to ensure thorough planning and video execution on key events and special projects.
• Monitor metrics and identify opportunities for further production by both central and regional resources.
• Provide strategic insights on how best to add value to our audiences across our online and broadcast brands.
• Build positive working relationships with stakeholders in our local newsrooms to foster a digital-first culture that assures we are first to market with exclusive content and breaking news.
Skill/ Experience Requirements
• 3-5 years of experience in news gathering and video production with a preferred emphasis on published video for the digital space.
• Self-starting demeanor with an eagerness to find, pitch and execute your own video projects.
• Familiarity with the Adobe suite of video production tools, graphic templates and video hosting platforms.
• Aptitude for working cross-functionally and influencing people from different markets, backgrounds, and organizational structures.
• Solid foundation in journalism ethics on issues such as copyright and attribution.
• Organized, technical problem solver and quick decision-maker with strong instincts on prioritizing time management to maximize value.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn0wxm-3-214-184-223-42 in your application.