Los Angeles, CA
The National Digital Content Producer identifies and creates content to successfully grow the audience on our websites across the country.
The ideal candidate must be able to monitor metrics as well as local, regional, and national trends and generate content that enhances our existing station identities while differentiating us from the competition. This individual must thrive in a fast-paced environment with aggressive goals. Must also feel comfortable working over a variety of platforms and systems to collaborate with partners at 120 sites across the country. Nights or weekend shifts may be required.
• Source, pitch, report and distribute 3-4 story ideas per day that provide additive value to our network of stations.
• Model best practices for audience development, recirculation, tone, and headline writing.
• Monitor metrics and identify opportunities for further reporting content creation by both national and local teams.
• Work with Digital Director to craft and iterate a daily editorial agenda that meets the needs of our markets.
• Build positive working relationships with stakeholders in our local newsrooms to foster a digital-first culture that assures we are first to market with exclusive content and breaking news.
• Identify and vet new storytelling methods and tools to improve user experience and loyalty.
• Other duties as assigned
• 3-5 years of experience in news gathering and writing with at least two years in a digital role.
• Solid foundation in journalism ethics on issues such as copyright and attribution.
• Strong interpersonal skills and must enjoy working in a team setting.
• Knowledge of SEO best practices and AP style.
• Organized, technical problem solver and quick decision-maker.
• Aptitude for working cross-functionally and influencing people from different markets, backgrounds, and organizational structures.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.