Be part of an innovative #1-rated newsroom that values your ideas, and encourages creative, compelling storytelling – while living in one of the nation's most desired markets. KXAN in Austin, TX is looking for a MMJ who's passionate about the art of photography and editing, and has a genuine interest in reporting on hard news. This MMJ position includes opportunities for live shots working with a photographer. Reporting will include enterprising, breaking news and delivering on KXAN's in-depth, investigative brand.
Candidates must submit a resume and online reel showing stories produced as an MMJ. Previous work must demonstrate strong NPPA-style photography using Avid or similar editing system, compelling storytelling including dynamic live shots, stand-ups and creative graphics, as well as effective use of digital and social media platforms. Must have a track record of cultivating local sources and contacts through relationship-building. 3 years' experience shooting, editing and writing as an MMJ and journalism degree required.
• Produce content daily for multiple platforms, including broadcast, digital and social.
• Enterprise and develop stories on a daily basis with strong viewer value that represent KXAN's in-depth, investigative brand.
• Organize material, determine focus and write story according to editorial style and format standards.
• Gather and verify factual information regarding stories through interview, observation and research.
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Fluency in English
• Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment, Avid or similar editing system and WordPress or similar CMS.
• Demonstrate editorial judgment using knowledge of journalism ethics and libel laws.
• Strong grammar, on-air reporting, writing, and technical skills.
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record
• Flexibility to work any shift
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq5b11-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.