Digital Anchor / Producer
PT Morning Show LIVE Reporter/MMJ
Are you a rock star when it comes to LIVE reporting on breaking news in the earliest hours of the morning?
Are you a self-starter who can work with limited guidance to find demo-friendly stories that will be new and impactful in the next day's morning show?
Do you want to work in one of the fastest growing big cities in the nation? A city that has four seasons, is the gateway to the Rocky Mountains, and has a vibrant arts, entertainment, and food scene (once we get through COVID anyway)?
KDVR/FOX31 Denver and KWGN/Colorado's Own Channel 2 is looking for an experienced part-time LIVE Reporter/MMJ to join our team.
We want someone who can be on the BIG story when it is happening in our community. Someone who can help us win weather in the coldest/snowiest/windiest hours of the mornings. And someone who can work fast and work ahead after the show on the best enterprise content – that will different than everything across the street!
You must have strong storytelling skills and an energetic/creative LIVE delivery. We are looking for someone who is enterprising and passionate about news on-air and online. You should be a digital innovator that find new ways to get the message out first on digital.
At least three years of MMJ experience and extensive LIVE reporting is required. Must be a team player who can multi-task under deadline pressure and work a flexible schedule.
• Strong LIVE reporting
• Develop and execute enterprise content on a consistent basis
• Shoot, write, and edit your own enterprise content for the next day's morning show
• Cover breaking news with a sense of urgency
• Establish and maintain relationships/sources in the community
• Perform other duties as assigned
• College degree in Journalism/Communications/Broadcasting preferred; equivalent experience required
• Minimum 3 years' experience as an MMJ
• Must be able to work with a high degree of accuracy and have the ability to solve problems quickly
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, holidays, weekends & ON CALL shifts
• Must be able to work under deadlines and have the ability to multi-task
Pay Range: $27-$28 Hourly
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.