Part-Time Morning Production Assistant
The Production Assistant is responsible for operating television cameras to record scenes for live and recorded broadcasts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Composes and frames camera shots, applying the technical aspects of light, lenses and camera settings to achieve the effects sought by directors
• Adjusts positions and controls of cameras to change focus, exposure and lighting as requested by the director
• Operates studio cameras during live broadcasts
• Operates remote cameras during live broadcasts
• Confers with directors and other crew members to discuss sequences, desired effects, camera movements and lighting requirements
• Sets up cameras and related equipment
• Tests, cleans, maintains and repairs camera equipment
• Produces graphics for newscast
• Creates graphics for the newscast
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Production Assistant must be able to stand, sit, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
In addition, the Camera Operator must be able to handle, control or feel
objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be
conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions. Must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d81eqk-3-92-28-52-42 in your application.