We have a unique opportunity to help lead the #1 Morning News Team in the Piedmont-Triad. WGHP-TV is looking for a leader who listens, guides, and executes a winning game plan for our five-and-a-half- hour morning show. If you have a nose for news and can bring enthusiasm and some fun to our team, then we want you. Here at FOX8 we know the importance of Morning News and you will have every tool available to you to continue our winning culture.
Additional Job Description
• Your shift begins at 3am
• Responsible for evaluating stories; organizing them into a cohesive sequence within a newscast
• Define strategic direction for content coverage to meet ratings objectives
• Manage newsroom, contribute to the editorial process and make solid decisions in breaking news situations
• AM producer scheduling
• May include fill-in producing when necessary
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, TV/film or the equivalent
• At least 4 years of producing experience
• Detail oriented
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Must be able to develop young producers and reporters
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dykew0-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.